Windows 8 Drivers Installation for Wanhao Maker
This is a workaround for the "Missing Digital Signature" error for failed Arduino Drivers installations. This process requires that you restart your system and complete the steps while not having access to the internet so please print out these steps before starting the process or view them on a PC other than the one on which you wish to install the Arduino Drivers. If you are using Windows 8 you must disable your Driver Signature Enforcement in order to download the Arduino drivers.
Steps to disabling Driver Signature Enforcement:
1. Windows Key + R
2. Enter shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
3. Click the "OK" button
4. System will restart to a "Choose an option" screen
5. Select "Troubleshoot" from "Choose an option" screen
6. Select "Advanced options" from "Troubleshoot" screen
7. Select "Windows Startup Settings" from "Advanced options" screen
8. Click "Restart" button
9. System will restart to "Advanced Boot Options" screen
10. Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"
11. Once the system starts, install the Arduino drivers as you would on Windows 7
Installing Arduino driver after Driver Signature Enforcement has been disabled:
1. Re-start the Windows (PC) installation process on the Duplicator 5 software page here.
If you have a new system that came with Win 8 pre-installed, Secure Boot has probably been enabled in the BIOS.
The steps above, probably will not work unless Secure Boot has been disabled in the BIOS before performing these steps.
*Note: The installation pack will prompt you with a security warning asking whether Windows should or should not proceed with the installation...click ALLOW/PROCEED/NEXT to begin the installation.
*Note: During the installation there is a prompt asking you to confirm the different components that will be installed during the installation...remember to leave the check-box for the drivers selected.